Head of Department: Ms K Cash
Year 10 & 11 (KS4)
Level and Exam Board:
GCSE – AQA
Aims of the Course:
- Recall, select and communicate their knowledge and understanding of media products and the contexts in which they are produced and consumed.
- Demonstrate research, planning and presentation skills.
- Construct and evaluate their own products using creative and technical skills.
Students are introduced to the subject where they learn about the key concepts and how to deconstruct media texts. Students apply their new found media skills through completing hands-on individual practical work, as well as gaining a theoretical understanding for the examination.
- Coursework: 30%
- Print media product based on given brief
- Examination: two 2 hour examinations
- Based on media concepts
Find out more...
- USB pen drive (8GB minimum) – Approx £5
- Fine liners – Approx £5
- Oxford Media Dictionary – Approx £9
- WB Studios ‘Harry Potter World’ – approximately £35
- TV, Film, Press, Journalism, Photography, Marketing, Advertising, Radio production.