LEVEL: Level 3
EXAM BOARD: AQA
AIMS Of THE COURSE
Through a project of your choice:
- develop an area of personal interest and acquire a recognised qualification.
- develop and improve skills as critical, reflective and independent learners.
- develop and apply decision-making, problem-solving, planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills.
WHAT WILL IT INVOLVE?
Designing, planning and completing an individual project, applying a range of strategies to meet set objectives
- obtaining, selecting and using information from a range of sources; analysing information collected.
- using a range of skills, including new technologies where appropriate, solving problems, taking decisions critically, creatively and flexibly to achieve planned outcomes.
- evaluating outcomes both in relation to agreed objectives and own learning and performance.
- selecting and using a range of communication skills and media to present evidenced outcomes and conclusions.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
A completed project and Production Log including a written report and any other evidence, as appropriate, depending on the topic or subject area chosen.
Demonstrating skills and independent learning valued by universities – particularly Russell Group Universities. A highly regarded enrichment to ‘grades-based’ university offers and up to 70 points towards ‘points-based’ offers.