Normal lessons will not be taking place on the final day of this half term (Friday 12th February) and in its place, we are running 2 activities.
Year 9 Virtual Options Day and Years 10, 11, 12 & 13 - Personal Development Day
On Friday 12th February, we will be asking students in years 10, 11 & Sixth Form to try something different and expand their learning. Normal remote lessons will not be running and instead, a whole host of other independent activities have been published below for students to take part in. Many of these are away from a screen and allow students to explore other aspects of their personal development.
Students can choose from the following activities or come up with your own similar activities. Heads of year have given their top 5 things to do on the day.
Later this year we will be launching a new award scheme in line with other CMAT schools (PLEDGES). This involves students undertaking activities that link to the 7 themes. We have linked many of the suggested activities for the 12th February to this new award scheme so that students can start working towards this before it launches.
If you would like to find out more about the PLEDGES scheme here
Additional Activities you might want to try
- Listen to a guided meditation
- Listen to a podcast
Down Dog apps are available FREE to Teachers and Students. They give you personalised Yoga, HIIT and Meditation exercises. Just go to https://www.downdogapp.com/schools and use your College email to sign up.
- There are 50+ Free Wellbeing Resources you can download. Including 120 days of Wellbeing activities and fun mindfulness challenges. https://bit.ly/50FreeWellbeingResources?fbclid=IwAR0fBc9MMK3taqNUV8AFevLoQXB3HNrpgJ2pK1O0DUnJMDYdSLvuERz9QSU
- Research a career that you might be interested in
- Take a free course https://www.capitaltutorials.co.uk/free-elearning?utm_source=Capital+Tutorials+Mailings&utm_campaign=af13fab918-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_09_23_06_59_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_918ba86337-af13fab918-212813080
- Scoot, skate, roller skate