WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE FOUNDATION PROGRAMME?
We offer a range of courses over 1 year which enable students to achieve recognised qualifications & work related experiences. This programme is very much geared towards preparing for the world beyond school as well as providing the necessary skills to move to Level 3 courses. Students who apply for these courses usually have a mix of grades between C to G at GCSE. A good reference showing positive attendance & effort from the Head of Year 11 is essential to access foundation courses.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
The courses of study care based around a valuable core curriculum package comprising:
A core Level 2 BTEC course which allows students to specialise in an area of their choice in one of the following subjects:
To add to this we offer a range of additional compulsory L2 qualifications building on and blending with the experience offered by the Core curriculum. All Students will therefore also study the following courses to
complement their core BTEC choice:
- (GCSE) English Language – if Grade C not already achieved (according to rules outlined by the Government)
- (GCSE) Mathematics – if Grade C not already achieved (according to rules outlined by the Government)
- BTEC WorkSkills – which encourages students to prepare for the world of work and links to work experience
- LIFE – Lessons in Financial Education – which develops financial awareness
- L2 Citizenship – which enables the students to develop and think about their role and responsibility as young adults
Along with their core courses, enrichment options such as Young Enterprise and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme is offered to ensure that the overall programme of study helps students to develop wider skills such as confidence, team work, decision making & problem solving. Students often progress from foundation courses into Level 3 courses if they achieve good outcomes from their courses.